Join us for a serious, after-school episode where we discuss the heavy reality of robot life. I guess, also video games and more power-hungry primates. Literally. Keep these primates out of these power plants! Damn dirty apes!
And.... we're back! It's been a long time, but never fear--we've returned to chat about sending chicken sandwiches into space and guessing what types of things are left behind in Uber cabs (hint: it's not as interesting as you think). Also, we chat a little about E3 and a certain person's mysterious absence.
Show notes will eventually follow.
In this episode, we talk about our favorite comedians, weird sports rules, Vlad the Impaler, and cast the live action Fin & Feather.
Also, check out The Adventure Zone: http://www.maximumfun.org/shows/adventure-zone
Stay tuned for show notes!
We cough a lot in this episode. Also, Susi is sick.
Sequitur Theater Rules, by ©Game Designer & Published Joke Author Kyle Horner, 2016:
- Up to infinity players. Points awarded according to "Whose Line is it Anyways" Rules.
- One person starts by referencing out loud a pop culture "something or other". Could be a movie, could be a Album, could be - whatever.
- The next person in the sequence must connect that utterance with something that is tangentially related. Bonus points for the more obscure references.
- 3 second timer between players.
- Continue as such until you are tired of playing or are laughing too hard to continue
You can't escape 80s and 90s sitcom references with us.
The news is old on this one--we recorded it and then Susi ran away to Iceland for 10 days. Also, the drinking age in Korea is 19. And every character in Overwatch is a "butt character", let's be honest.
- David Thorne, author of The Internet is a Playground: www.27bslash6.com
- Minnesota State Fair 2016 New Foods: www.mnstatefair.org/fun/16_new_food
- Young woman is good with Zarya, boys can't cope: www.polygon.com/2016/6/21/11996752/blizzard-overwatch-zarya-cheating
- BURGER KING IS MAKING NEW CHEETOS-DUSTED FRIED MAC AND CHEESE STICKS: www.thrillist.com/news/nation/burger-king-new-mac-n-cheetos
- Shoddycast's Lucio video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgZp2s3VXrw
Explicit language, as always.
It WAS E3 when we recorded this. As a result, we ended up talking about Bethesda, Todd Howard, and as a result, more Fallout. There was a big scandal in the modding community! It relates to IP law!
Explicit as always!
This week's links aren't even worth sharing. Except this one:
Girl blows her cousin's mind with simply incredible fart: http://www.dailydot.com/lol/girl-fart-blows-little-brothers-mind/
This week, Kyle and Susi talk about things other than Fallout. It's totally true! We're capable of it! We gathered up the week's weirdest stories and then generate some terrible, random D&D characters.
"Nero" in Korean means "by me", where "ne" means "me" and "ro" is the position marker "by".
A guy you're happy to not be: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/photo/chinese-man-traps-head-inside-washing-machine-n582726
Look up from your phone, please: http://mashable.com/2016/05/31/traffic-lights-phones-australia/#_.DOGTHFGSq8
This guy is so bad at cat names: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/richard-kronick/the-top-100-most-adorable_b_10193778.html?utm_hp_ref=weird-news&ir=Weird+News
Who the fuck is my D&D character?: http://whothefuckismydndcharacter.com/
- Apple Says Game About Palestine/Israel Conflict Isn't A Game, Then Backtracks: http://kotaku.com/apple-says-game-about-palestine-israel-conflict-isnt-a-1778217660
- App Store Review Guidelines: https://developer.apple.com/app-store/review/guidelines/
- "If your App is rejected, we have a Review Board that you can appeal to. If you run to the press and trash us, it never helps."
- Fallout Cascadia: http://falloutcascadia.tumblr.com/About
- Why are bottlecaps REALLY used as money?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzaTP6s_HcY
Susi tries to put Ivan Reitman in the grave. He's still alive and involved with the new Ghostbusters movie. She meant Harold Ramis. RIP. Also, Jim Kelly was not a basketball player. He was a martial artist. C'mon Susi.
Second Ghostbusters 2016 Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMfUjDnpfRY
Why do boys play video games?: http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/05/why-would-an-adult-man-play-video-games.html
Seriously, what's up with video games?: http://www.thefrisky.com/2016-05-18/why-do-adult-men-still-play-video-games-heres-our-theory/
Cheap Seats on ESPN: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWS2ejKEjJE
They're making a Tetris movie: http://www.blastr.com/2016-5-18/classic-video-game-tetris-scores-its-own-feature-film-trilogy
In Ye Olde Episode Fīf, Kyle and Susi talk about the new Ren Fest Kickstarter, the weird new apps Cracker Jack is doling out via QR codes, the Chinese ban on "erotic" banana eating, and the Oregon Trail.
- Ren Fest Kickstarter
- Cracker Jack Removes Prizes for QR codes for mobile games
- Oregon Trail in the Video Game Hall of Fame
- Spencer talks to Sandra about the Oregon Trail on Player Accounts
- China Bans the seductive eating of bananas on internet live-streams
- Cobra Club (that Twitch-banned "game" Susi mentioned)
We talk about Fallout a lot. GECK (the Creation Kit) is in Open Beta and we're excited about the possibilities. Also, how does modding and IP law intertwine? We touch on that a little bit. There's much less swears this time around, but plenty of chat about adult topics.
This podcast contains swears. A lot of them this time around.
In this episode, Susi & Kyle still smack the table a lot. We're looking into a boom stand, we promise. We also talk about the new proposal for wet portions of Seattle city parks, the extinction of the dinosaurs, the Flying Spaghetti Monster and religion as a whole, and Harriet Tubman on the $20 (eventually someday).
Here is a photo of a "parklet": http://www.flickr.com/photos/sdot_photos/12309666556
Susi incorrectly says that municipalities don't tax. They definitely do, but not exactly in the income based way we were chatting about. We also have a bit of a problem differentiating between civil and criminal law at times.
Prince of Space IS tokusatsu! It was originally a 48 episode series known as Planet Prince: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planet_Prince
Hamilton hasn't won a Tony YET. How will it not, though? It will.
We also go off on a nuclear war/winter/ghoul/super mutant tangent (SUSI IS NOT A FURRY).
The Feminista Jones article, despite my original knee jerk reaction, is interesting and worth considering from an anachra-feminist viewpoint:
I think, in a way, my gut level reaction against Jones' viewpoint when I first hear it is also based in my anachra-feminist desire to appreciate that a portion of American values are rooted in toppling something you think is corrupt in order to make life better.
In this inaugural episode, Kyle and Susi talk about video games, politics, aliens, the Vatican, saints, Iceland, and bananas. One of us also pounds the table a lot.
Here is that YouTube video Susi mentioned: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GzgqO3CvcA
And here's that XKCD comic Kyle mentioned: https://www.xkcd.com/1122/
- The presidential residence in Iceland is white, not blue (the Blue House is in South Korea) and is named Bessastaðir.
- Bessastaðir was built on land that had formerly served as a farm and school, not prison. Most notably, the land once belonged to Snorri Sturluson.
- Kyle and Susi definitely CANNOT do math--you can only buy about 21 AAA games for $1,300.